Program Launch Manager
Horizon Plastics International, is located in the town of Cobourg Ontario. It was founded in 1972 and is recognized as an industry leader in Structural Plastics Injection Molding of large parts. Horizon Plastics is an equal opportunity employer.
• Create and manage launch timeline with defined milestones and identified deliverables by internal/external launch team members
• Oversee and manage launch team to have responsibility for each functional area of the launch per the defined launch process, see appended process document
• Primary interface between customer team and plant launch team to achieve the launch targets: schedule, cost/budget, quality, and manufacturing metrics
• Primary Interface between Horizon and external sub-contractors with deliverables on the project launch plan
• Manage cross-functional launch team and ensure the necessary skill sets are present for each launch by working with existing resources and the leadership team to identify and address any gaps.
• Collect data and prepare reports with regards to ongoing launch costs versus budget.
• Weekly reporting of budget, timeline status, issues, risks and metrics for management team.
• Work with the Quality Team to ensure Advanced Part Quality Planning (APQP) initiatives are met and documented and direct the Launch Team in the same regard
• Demonstrates traits & inclinations that characterize successful leaders: engages people, drives toward success, sustains positive outlook, shows discipline, inspires confidence
• Coach and motivate the launch team to encourage ownership and responsibility for the activities (functional deliverables and reporting) within the project team.
• Goes the extra mile and leads by example. Exhibits a hands-on approach. Willing to work extra and varied hours during launch phases.
• Supports and participates in QMS implementation and ongoing Continuous Improvement process
• Completes all other duties as assigned
• Project Management Institute “PMI” certified Project Management Professional “PMP”
• Program Management Experience including at least 3 product launch and/or significant plant expansion or Greenfield launch required
• Engineering/Process experience required
• Ability to interface with customers
• Ability to travel within and outside of Canada
• Proficient with MS Project & MS Office