Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide technical support to the manufacturing department in the area of troubleshooting, process improvement, reduced cycle time, and scrap reduction.
• Technical support to the maintenance department in the area of troubleshooting, training, and reducing maintenance downtime.
• Focuses on optimizing manufacturing equipment and processes and supporting new product development.
• Provides expertise in executing all aspects of assigned projects, including initial study, design, equipment evaluation and selection.
• Develops and implements capital projects, provides technical support for the plant, particularly in the areas of mould design, mechanical design & process equipment.
• Focuses on optimizing manufacturing performance and supports new products.
• Identifies, leads and supports cost saving initiatives and equipment standardization.
• Consults with major equipment suppliers in finalizing equipment/system proposals, resolves technical design details and issues purchase orders/contracts on approved projects.
• Checks out all major equipment in supplier’s facility to ensure satisfactory performance, prior to shipment.
• Collaborates with production personnel, contractors, and engineering personnel to ensure technical issues are resolved and installations are completed on schedule.
• Provides/creates training manuals for new systems.
• Communicates changes/improvements made to equipment.
• Electrical Power System Maintenance.
• Electric/ pneumatic / Hydraulic controls.
• Experience with control valves, actuators and positioners and all field instrumentation.
• Experience selecting instrumentation based on application.
• Familiarity with Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) & Process Flow Diagrams (PFD).
• Experience developing/designing control panels which house PLC systems.
• Experience developing/designing Control System Architectures.
• Experience developing sequence of operations and test procedures.
• System migration from different control platforms.
• PLC Controls Experience.
• HMI Development Experience, SCADA and Ethernet.
• Bachelor of Engineering, Electrical
• Reads and understands blue prints, technical bulletins, equipment manuals Familiar with relevant legislation and standards, including M.O.L. regulations and CSA safety standards.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, proficient in the English language, and able to lead and influence others.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and AutoCAD 1,2,3
• Demonstrates ability in organizational skills, project planning
• Ability to work cooperatively as a member in a multidisciplinary team environment.
• A highly motivated self –starter, able to work with minimal supervision.
• Occasional travel may be required