Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Direct Reports to: Maintenance Staff
The Maintenance Supervisor is accountable for the leadership of the shift maintenance team to keep all production output equipment in optimal repair, maintained in a safe and timely manner while supporting production processes. Oversees the day to day functions of Process and Set-up.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiates, implements, and manages the plant maintenance program, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Establishes and maintains a computerized maintenance management system for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment and machine oil consumption, EIQ.
- Prepares reports, analyzes data, and makes recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related problems.
- Supervises and directs the work and projects of plant maintenance employees and outside contractors as required.
- Ensures that maintenance employees are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Maintains and updates operating and training manuals for the maintenance department.
- Ensures that all maintenance technicians are trained on the most updated version of the operating procedures.
- Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Initiates & carries out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Coordinates maintenance activities with plant to minimize impact on production.
- Oversees and maintains the work order program.
- Utilizes ERP as required.
- Supports QMS implementation and ongoing Continuous Improvement
- Wears any equipment, protective devices or clothing required by the Company; report to a manager or supervisor any known missing or defective equipment, protective device or known workplace hazard that may be dangerous to any worker and do not use or operate any equipment or work in a way that may endanger himself/herself or any other employee.
- Completes all other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in a similar role with a minimum of 5 years experience
- Millwright or Electrician trade designation preferred
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous management experience within a unionized environment
- Seasoned planning and project management with the availability to prepare for and oversee seasonal shutdown periods
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced team environment
- Positive and professional attitude under pressure
- Proven track record of punctuality and dependability
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Computer proficiency with Micro soft applications and database analysis
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
If you are interested in this position please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org