Position Summary: IT Manager
Reports to: Director, Finance
The IT Manager excels in introducing organizational change, meets and exceeds customer service levels. Able to align technology strategies with corporate goals and lead major initiatives involving cross functional teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the configuration, maintenance and ongoing operation of the company’s servers and communication network including email, shared resources, Intranet/Internet, security, virus protection, backup/recovery and all operating systems.
- Provides first and second level technical support to users including desktop hardware/software, printers/copiers, cabling, network/Internet connectivity and company designated mobile devices
- Make timely and accurate diagnosis of system related problems, determine if issues are hardware, software or network related problems and implement changes as required
- Provide training as required on all desktop solutions
- Responsible for the purchase, installation, and life cycle maintenance of PC’s, servers and LAN network connectivity (including disaster recovery)
- Identifies, develops and communicates any new technology standards & best practices
- Maintain an incident tracking system (Remedy) to record and track outstanding incidents or “help” tickets and track the performance and history of resolved problems/incidents.
- Establish “Service Levels” as agreed with management and produce monthly metrics showing incident resolution performance results versus service level targets.
- Monitor and ensure data backups are completed on a regular basis
- Completes all other duties as assigned
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in computer science or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience required
- Professional Certifications to include one or more of:
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- A minimum of 5 years of direct work experience in IT management role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Exchange etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, IE, Firewalls
- Proficient in hardware installation, configuration and troubleshooting
- Proficient in LAN/WAN/VPN technologies, network communications configuration and trouble shooting
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, Crystal Reports, SQL Reporting Services
- Knowledge of telephony infrastructure, mobility solutions
- Experience with EIQ an asset
- Strong time/project management skills with demonstrated experience (MS Project)
- High degree of adaptability, flexibility and resourcefulness
- Demonstrated Leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Position supports 24×7 Operation, therefore flexibility in scheduling, and on call availability required.
Resumes, in word format, can be received at: firstname.lastname@example.org